Saturday, May 23, 2015

Must Read of 2015

So good even my toddler wants to read!
So here it is...Drumroll please.....The first ever (for me) must read of the year! I read Unstoppable at the start of this year and let me tell ya, life changer! We have all read Hebrews 12:1-2 right? "Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with endurance the race marked out for us, fixing our eyes on Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith."

These verses have been my life motto since high school. I was a runner, and still run from time to time when I get the urge, from 5th grade through my freshman year of college until I blew my ankle.  I relate to running; it speaks to me. In a later post I will break these 2 verses down phrase and by phrase and we can explore together and learn the message behind them. 

Before reading this book I read the scriptures and looked at it as though I  had a race that I had to run. I  had to try my best and encourage others in their race. I needed to run as hard as possible to win, and upon crossing that finish line I would hear, "Well done, good and faithful servant."Boy was I wrong.


This race I was in was not a race where it was me against the world. No, it is a divine relay. Christine Caine illustrates the idea of all of us being in a divine relay together so eloquently in her book Unstoppable. After reading this book I no longer look at my race and think it's about me. The race is a relay and we are all in it together. If we mess up it's ok because we have a team there to help us. In the divine relay we can drop our baton and not be disqualified...because it is God's race and he is gracious!

If you are going through life and feel you are always losing, read this book.
If you are going through life and feel like you are alone, read this book.
If you are going through life and all is well, read this book.
If you are going through life, read this book!

I promise, once you finish you will have a new outlook on this 'race' we are called to run and see it is not a race where there should be a winner, we should want everyone to cross the finish line together!


Check out my 'Good Reads' at the top of my homepage and follow me on Pinterest for even more books I recommend.

Have you read this book before? Share your thoughts! Is there a book you recommend? Please let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Theme created by Feeric Studios