Sunday, October 25, 2015

The Season is now: You’re up!

 God works in seasons. Made famous by Footloose, if not the Bible, Ecclesiastes so very clearly tells us so:
There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under the heavens.”
(and a season to cut footloose)


On a serious note…
We all go through those seasons. Our personal life, our family, and church all go through seasons. We may go through a season of unemployment and then a season of the best job of your life; a season of being a leader and a season of being a follower; a season of being in the military followed by civilian life; a season of giving and a season of receiving. And the list can go on and on.

My church back in England went through very distinct seasons. I think they were so evident because we were such a small group but transparent before the Lord. I can pinpoint to the month and events in those months when our seasons changed. We would be in a season of healing, Holy Spirit baptisms, peace, struggle, warrior spirit, giving, serving, and much more. One of those seasons was intercession.

Our area of England was is farm-town so we had villages, not towns or cities. We were in deep prayer for our villages. “God of This City” by Chris Tomlin had become our anthem but instead of singing city, we would sing whatever village we were interceding for or our own village. I am sure we sounded like a bunch of fruit loops to others but to the Lord, it was all he could ask for. I didn’t witness any huge revivals during my time there, a Great Awakening, but I know there was change, we knew it was happening. We fully believed that God was softening the hearts of those in England. Because of the power of prayer marriages could be saved, families restored, addictions broken, strongholds tore down. Who knows but God! We were called into a season to pray and intercede for those who were not praying on their own. For those who had turned their backs on God, who did not know who God was, who called themselves Christians but did not know God, for those who hurt too bad to see the good in life anymore. We were praying for them.


We moved earlier this year back to the states and now that we are all settled in our new area, every time I get into my car “God of this City” comes on. This is not a new song that you hear every couple hours so for me to hear it so many times I knew God was up to something. Was it a coincidence that I went through a season of intercession for my last home-village and now that I have moved to a new area I am hearing the same anthem? No! I am being called again into a season of intercession for my new hometown.

Will I see a huge revival in my town? I don’t know, but I do know that God can do anything! You better believe I am going to be praying for miraculous healings, for an outpouring of His Spirit, for marriages and families, addictions, jobs, financial worries, provision, and favor. This is a new place for me, and new season, and a new calling.

Now comes your part.

God is calling you.

He is calling you to intercede for your town, your county, family, workplace, military, hospitals, schools, government. No prayer request is too big….pray for the WORLD! God created it, God can handle it! Pray for countries! Start interceding because now is a season of intercession.

My God is the God of my city, all 50 states, North America, all 7 continents, this planet; the God of the Milky Way. My God is the God of the entire universe! He cares about all of it, so why would one prayer be too big?

So I urge you. Please, get into a season of intercession. Start now. Say a pray for your family. Now your child’s school. Move onto your town, then state. Pray for our nation’s capitol. Intercede for those who do not know Christ. Pray for a door to open to see and know God’s love first-hand.

“First of all, then, I urge that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and thanksgivings be made for all people” 1 Timothy 2:1

Your time is now. Your season is now. Prayer is always the answer.


How are you praying for your town, school, country, planet? I would love to hear. Have you been called into a season of life before? Let me know!

1 comment:

  1. Amanda, this is SO AWESOME!!! God is also calling me into a season of interceding. My parents have been on a prayer list that's been going around through our group's emails. Over these past few weeks, it’s changed to where God has shown me how to pray specifically and He’s given me wisdom and insight on how to intercede for them. Also these past 3 weeks, He's put it in my heart to pray for Erika. And this Friday, in our Friday Night LITES, I had this desire to pray over her and God anointed me so much!! He gave me the words to pray and as I was listening to what He was saying through me, He gave me so many visions and pictures in the Spirit of what was going on and what had been happening.

    ReplyDelete

Theme created by Feeric Studios