Monday, August 3, 2015

Are You Worth the Anticipation?

(Original photo from http://www.rollsscaffold.com/)
While waiting for that release of the sequel to your favorite movie or book, what/how were you feeling? How about wait for the arrival of your first child? Anticipation right? I drove through a small city last week and I saw many new buildings with scaffolding all around, just waiting for completion, the grand reveal. 

Perhaps you have created a product, put together an activity, or planned an event and you are waiting for the launch of it. You are giddy with excitement right? Growing up, I remember waiting each year for summer to arrive not because of the break from school (I liked school. I'm a nerd :)  but because the snow cone stand would open. As we drove by that sugar inducing shack day after day I would imagine standing in line and smelling familiar smell of fresh ice and sugar toppings. I could feel the cool air coming out of the small shack. I could feel the cold sensation of my first bite. I was anticipating the day I could once again get a snow cone. And who am I kidding, I still get excited to get one when we visit home in the summer time so I can get a snow cone!

Jeremiah 1:5 says, "Before I formed you in your mother's womb I knew you..." When God created Adam and Eve He knew that one day you would be born; He knew of the things you would accomplish, every time you would need comfort, every tear you would shed, and all the laughter you would produce. You know that excitement and anticipation you had for your child, summer vacation, going to pick up your new puppy? God has that same excitement and anticipation for you, ya...YOU!

The idea for this post came to mind right after I drove through city and saw the building  being constructed. During that time the song "Architecture" came on and it was like a light went off in my head. Here are the lyrics to the song:

                                               There are a million mountains that I'd like to climb 
to get a glimpse at the heart of your design

so here I stand here I stand on what you built 
you are surrounding me and the walls
will never ever ever come down




You built me up like a city of gold 
the battles rage but I'm standing tall 
you formed my heart like an empire 
the wind and rain can't stop this fire
if only I could see it from your perspective 
the beauty and the grace of your architecture



There are a million trees blowing in the wind 
witnesses of lives already lived
so here I stand here I stand on what you built 
you are surrounding me and the walls
will never ever ever come down



Your architecture
Here I stand, here I stand on what you built 
you are surrounding me
And the walls will never ever ever come down

We are God's architecture, His masterpiece! It took time to build us, God's anticipation grew and grew as time become closer and closer for our birth. You may not think you have accomplished much with your life or maybe you are looking back on your accomplishments and realizing that your priorities were wrong. Maybe you have lived a life focused on God and have joy...praise God! Just know that not matter what state you think your life is in right now God waited for the day you came into this world! He couldn't wait to watch you grow, to see you battle and conquer your struggles, to see and hear your laughter and that feeling you get only when your own child calls your name and gives you a huge hug and kiss and says that he loves you. If you have never given God that before then please do. He is waiting with anticipation and excitement! 

You can check out 'Architecture' on my What I'm Listening To! tab on the top left of my page!

How do you show God that you love Him? Let me know!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Theme created by Feeric Studios