Tuesday, December 2, 2014

With focused eyes...

With Focused Eyes I am living my life as a mother, wife, daughter, sister, and a member of the body of Christ. What are my eyes focused on? The author and finisher of my faith...Jesus Christ! There is a misconception with Christians today that in order to run the race with endurance or to really work for Him you need to be in a 3rd world country preaching the gospel, sponsoring and adopting children, and feeding and clothing the homeless. Yes, these are all GREAT things to do to better His kingdom but...what about the other 95% (Yes, I made this statistic up) of Christians who are not called to do this? Are we not running our race properly? Will God look at us on Judgement Day and tell us, "Well, everything here looks pretty good...Oh but wait, you never left your family and went to Uganda for 3 years. I am sorry, you are not welcome." I DON'T THINK SO!

I am in no way bashing those who have this call on their life. Those people are strong and amazing. But, sometimes it takes just as much strength and courage to stay behind in your own country, in your own home. After all...every country needs the Gospel and God's love right?

This blog will take you on my journey my race. Everyone's race is different. Sometimes it is a smooth jog on a track and other times it can turn into an all out Tough Mudder! Out of no where I may add! I wouldn't say I have any special skills to write about and share with you. My house is normally in a lived-in messy state, my child hardly every wears pants, my socks never match, I go on spurts of workouts and eating healthy, and before I had my son I used to be pretty crafty, but nothing Pinterest/Blog worthy on its own. So this is a diary of my life in the race. Come and join me through my tears, laughter, hard times, and times of provision from the Lord.

Keep Running!
-Amanda

"Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with endurance the race set before us, fixing our eyes on Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith..."
Romans 12:1-2

No comments:

Post a Comment

Theme created by Feeric Studios